What could be more repulsive and inhumane than a “souvenir” snapshot of an infant pinned to the ground by ISIS fanatics, in clear distress as a knife is held to her throat? The answer is nothing, though other photos from the same cell phone taken off the body of a dead member of the terrorist group in Syria come close. Several show his fellow animals playing soccer with the severed heads of other victims.
The Daily Mail notes that Kurdish soldiers in the town of Kobani came upon the ghoulish images while searching the dead man for possible intelligence. The Kurds fear that baby in the picture was ultimately beheaded along with her family, all of whom were Alevi Muslim, a branch of Islam whose followers ISIS has targeted.
The photo of the girl is believed to have been taken a week last Friday. There were no shots of her decapitation and her body has not been found, leading some to hope she had a miraculous escape.
The article goes on to note that the child, who has been nicknamed “Melek,” meaning “angel,” has become something of a poster child among Kurdish YPG fighters determined to defend the besieged town:
One source, Ali, who obtained the picture from YPG soldiers, told The Mail on Sunday: ‘The people of Kobane are desperate for the world to see with their own eyes the atrocities inflicted by these filth.
‘You can see how frightened she is. I can almost hear her scream.What kind of depraved monsters are they? What pleasure can killing this child bring anyone?’
As noted by LU’s Mike Dorstewitz, ISIS has been using the beheading of two U.S. journalists as a perverse recruitment tool.
Despite their best efforts, the Kurdish YPG are not as well equipped or trained as the ISIS forces, which now control half the city of Kobani. What our Kurdish allies need most is U.S. troop reinforcements, but none are forthcoming. We are providing humanitarian aid to fighters in the region in the form of food and medical supplies, but even that unfortunately is ending up in the hands of ISIS.
- Why does Obama administration say ‘ISIL’ rather than ‘ISIS’?
- MSNBC’s response to Oklahoma beheading story? Muslims are hilarious!
- MSNBC’s Harris-Perry calls OK beheading ‘workplace violence,’ beheader a ‘gentleman’
- Islamic terror group releases beheading video of French tourist
- ISIS defector: Beheading of US journalists by Brit was recruiting tool (Video)
- Islamist cleric flips over all the cards, declares ‘Islam a religion of beheading’
- BREAKING: ISIS releases video showing another beheading, vicitm Steven Sotloff *UPDATE* (ISIS video)
- ‘Hammer dropped!’ GOP Senate candidate: ‘My boots were on ground now held by ISIS’ (Video)
- Released: Imam raped, tortured 5-yr-old because he ‘doubted her virginity’
- 8-year-old Yemeni bride dies of injuries sustained during wedding night rape