In what appears to be yet another case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand’s doing, the U.S. State Department is walking back an accusation that a recent news report by Fox News was suspect of being unreliable. As reported by The Washington Free Beacon and Fox News Insider, Fox repoter Adam Housley News has uncovered more information concerning the terrorist attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi that was previously unknown to the American people.
Prior to the Ansar al-Sharia terrorist attack on the American consulate on September 11, 2012, Housley claims he was told by multiple confidential intelligence sources that within three weeks of the U.S. government renting the Benghazi compound that eventually would house our consulate, one of the many sub-groups allied with the terror organization moved in literally next door. As Housley noted, one of his sources that was apparently on the ground in Benghazi said, “We warned D.C. about the guys who moved in next door, but nobody knew what to do and nothing was done.”
Housley further recvealed that prior to the attack by the al Qaeda-allied jihadists that left four dead Americans, the Hillary Clinton-led State Department contracted with a local so-called “militia” group to provide security for the consulate. As the reporter stated during his video report, “Some people call this the worst outsourcing of all time.”
Disturbingly, Housley’s sources also reportedly notified him that before the attack, American security officials in Libya requested that the State Department fortify the consulate with both sandbags and belt-fed machine guns, but claim they were told the fortifications and weapons wouldn’t be “aesthetically pleasing” and just might upset and distress the neighbors.
When the State Department caught wind of Housley’s journalistic snooping around the shadowy corridors of power, a spokesman informed Fox News that they report was dubious.” Yet, within 24 hours, State conformed that there was in fact a request submitted up the chain of command for a belt-fed machine gun to be sent to the consulate. The problem is that State just hadn’t had a chance to reach a decision to approve or disapprove yet.
The Washington Free Beacon also noted that the presumptive front-runner for the 2016 Democratic Party nomination for the presidency, Hillary Clinton, stated last May in regard to the Republican-chaired House committee that has been investigating the Benghazi debacle, “I do not believe there is any reason for it to continue.”