The facts on the ground are these: Tens of thousands of children ranging in age from toddlers to teens have arrived by the busload along the southern border. A war, being waged so far in words, has erupted between U.S. citizens who resent having legions of illegal immigrant children suddenly dumped on their doorstep and those who resent the resenters for lacking compassion.
Those are the facts, and so far, the government response has left much to be desired. When asked yesterday on NBC’s “Meet the Press” whether the illegals would be deported, Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson was evasive. Overnight rumors surfaced that that federal agents equipped with riot gear would be arriving today in Murrieta, Calif., to ensure safe passage of future busloads.
Not everyone who draws a government paycheck has been hamstrung. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) not only showed up in person in at the detention center in McAllen, Texas, on Thursday, but came prepared. According to Breitbart, Lee brought a bag of lollipops to distribute to the kiddies.
Hard candy on a stick may seem like an odd solution to the casual observer, but when asked how she envisioned resolving the crisis at the border, Lee replied, in essence, What crisis?
“This is not a national security crisis,” [she] emphasized, noting that she was not armed and did not fear for her life when visiting the children. Jackson Lee said Border Patrol agents claimed the children were some of the most “orderly” and “behaved” children they have encountered.
Maybe the Congresswoman wasn’t packing heat, but it’s a safe bet that members of the notorious MS-13 gang who have joined the wave of illegals crossing the border are.
- Feds to deploy riot squad against protesters in Murrieta
- ‘Meh,” says Jeh when asked if illegals will be deported
- Ukrainian woman detained at border in maximum security prison as MS-13 gang members allowed in US
- ‘F*** America!’ Pro-amnesty activists burn U.S. flag; new risks of contagion
- BREAKING — Confirmed: Second group of buses diverted, not sent to Murrieta (yet); SD BP agent now has scabies
- More arrests at Murrieta protest; feds silent on buses; buses diverted again?
- The Murrieta town hall meeting: Good effort. Wrong officials. Wrong answers. *UPDATE*
- Developing in Murrieta: Americans arrested to make way for illegal immigrants *Update*