Late last year, the term revenge porn — posting another person’s naked or lascivious pictures on line to settle a score — entered the vernacular. Two weeks ago, the next generation of that crime, revenge porn revenge, became a reality.
New York’s Daily News reports:
A Mexican teen brutally stabbed her best friend to death for posting naked selfies of them together on Facebook, police said.
Erandy Elizabeth Gutierrez, 16, allegedly knifed Anel Baez, also 16, a horrifying 65 times in the vicious March 19 attack.
Cops believe she wanted revenge for the “humiliating” uploading of the revealing snaps.
The deadly attack appears to have been premeditated. Baez had invited her former friend to her home in the town of Guamúchil in the hopes of mending the rift between them. Gutierrez accepted the invite, but when she arrived grabbed a kitchen knife and used it to slash Baez.
Gutierrez fled, but when she returned to attend Baez’s funeral, police were waiting.
The material evidence gathered by authorities included deleted tweets by Gutierrez that read, “It may seem that I am very calm, but in my head I have killed you at least three times.”
Police are expected to charge Guiterrez with murder later this week. Under Mexican law, she will be prosecuted as a juvenile and may only face seven years in prison if convicted.
- CA joins NJ in criminalizing ‘revenge porn’
- 16-year-old girl busted on child porn charges after posting naked ‘selfies’ to Twitter
- Teen who sexted nude pix of boyfriend’s ex faces porn charges
- Dad who arranged nude photos of his daughters pleads not guilty to child porn charges
- Federal cop sends nude selfie to woman who sought his help
- University teaching assistant mistakenly emails nude self-pix to students
- Public sex act captured on video, coed involved claims it was rape