On Tuesday, the Washington Post’s Petula Dvorak published an op-ed in which she agreed with a “longtime friend” that members of Congress should be beheaded over the government shutdown forced by Majority Leader Harry Reid’s refusal to work with Republicans over funding of Obamacare.
According to Dvorak, a number of people in the Washington, D.C. area suggested various forms of torture and death for the 535 members of Congress.
Dvorak seemed to agree with them, saying members of Congress “must be punished. Now.”
“Find someone ‘in the know’ to cut power/Internet/water/air conditioning to the Capitol,” said an IT manager from Virginia.
“Eyes taped open to watch a 24-hour webinar on the life of freshwater, brain-eating parasites,” added a D.C. area attorney.
“Off with their heads,” added a French teacher Dvorak called a “longtime friend.”
“Mais oui,” Dvorak wrote, agreeing with her friend. The phrase translates to “certainly,” or “but yes.” Apparently, Dvorak agrees with the idea of decapitating those in Congress with whom she disagrees.
An area retiree who runs a T-shirt stand had another idea.
“Line ’em up and shoot ’em. I consider what they’re doing treason,” the shop owner said.
Not all of the ideas involved violence or death.
Dvorak said one of her favorite suggestions came from a mother of three: “Turn off their cameras.”
She also asked readers to provide suggestions of their own — and they did.
One reader suggested “tar and feathering” — for starters.
Another suggested GOP leaders be arrested under the RICO racketeering statutes.
Yet another suggested sending Republicans to Guantanamo Bay.
Since the debate began, Reid and his fellow Democrats have done all they could to foment violence against conservatives seeking to fund the government while stopping the widely unpopular health care law.
It appears their efforts are paying off.
- Harry Reid forces gov’t shutdown, Ted Cruz offers salary to charity
- Obama implies GOP to ruin Christmas over Obamacare funding
- Unhinged: Maine senator says Obamacare opponents ‘guilty of murder’
- ‘Tippy-top’ Dem to Politico on shutdown: ‘Time to punch’ GOP ‘bully’ in the nose
- Unhinged: Disgraced former Dem. official calls for eating Republicans, blowing up 2016 GOP convention
- Liberal graffiti states desire of leftists: ‘Kill all Republicans’
- The left’s answer for what ails America: Murder conservatives, NRA members
- White House petitions demand GOP arrested for treason, called terrorist group
- Hyper-partisan Obama in weekly address: ‘Extremist’ GOP set to shut down gov’t (Video)
- Harry Reid, Barack Obama fomenting violence against conservatives over Obamacare
- ‘Sick’ Brauer also encouraged cannibalism and bombing 2016 RNC: ‘I hate people’
- Calif. Dem. official to GOP staffer Amanda Carpenter: May your children all die
- UCSF fundraiser advocates withholding health care from Obamacare opponents
- Obama throws tantrum over Obamacare defunding, says military may not get paid
- Liberalism remains an ideology of genocidal hate and rage
- Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate