“Anthony Weiner: He died as he lived — obscenely.” I defy anyone to come up with a more fitting epitaph for the political career of Carlos Danger, which officially ended last night with a bang that sounded a lot like a whimper.
The Wall Street Journal observes, via the Associated Press, that the twice-disgraced New York politician, who resigned from Congress amid a sexting scandal in 2011, went out with a predictably angry flourish.
Finishing an embarrassing fifth in the Democratic primary, Weiner had just given his concession speech at a Manhattan bar when Lindsey Christ, a reporter with NY1, apparently exchanged words with him.
Weiner, evidently convinced that actions speak louder than words, flashed a middle finger salute at Christ, which she tweeted early this morning, along with the message:
Not really sure how we show this on television… pic.twitter.com/IivT9W96Di
The photo was taken through the tinted window of a car. Weiner was seated in the back.
As one can imagine, Christ generated quite a bit of Twitter activity with her post. Most, though not all, of the comments were supportive of Christ and critical of Weiner. The funniest was posted by a user named Dan, who wrote:
Well, now we know where all the surplus Viagra settled in his system.
- Anthony Weiner: ‘I’m going to be the next mayor’ of NYC
- Sydney Leathers shows off her $40k boob job
- Cringeworthy: Anthony Weiner affects Jamaican accent at West Indian Day Parade
- Weiner ‘papered’ a campaign event with phony supporters
- Quinn: If I’m elected mayor, I’ll put a condom on every … Weiner?
- Weiner’s first TV ad accuses ‘powerful voices’ of conspiring against him
- Weiner watch: Carlos Danger’s latest stunt is mocking an English reporter’s accent
- Weiner calls aging mayoral opponent ‘grandpa’ … at AARP forum!
- Weiner sexting pal Sydney Leathers bares all in porn flick
- Weiner communication manager’s profanity-laced assault on young intern
- Leathers: Weiner obsessed with phone sex, ’15 times a day wouldn’t be enough’