Barack Obama has to stop making it this easy; takes all the fun out of it.
The Washington Times notes that on Wednesday, as the death count in Cairo was rising (by day’s end 327 people lau dead), the White House paid tribute to “Hump Day,” with a photo of Vice President Joe Biden posing next to a camel. (Biden is the one on the right, in case you weren’t sure.)
As though this weren’t enough, Obama’s handlers also posted an animated .GIF to its Tumblr blog showing the vice president sharing a guffaw with the ungulate. Two hours later, the administration caught up with the grim reality here on planet earth and began tweeting about the violence in Egypt.
But the decision to post the camel picture brought much tsk-tsking from both sides of the political spectrum. Elise Foley of Huffington Post tweeted, “Go home, @whitehouse, you’re drunk.” National Review editor Charles C.W. Cooke messaged, “Obama is so much like Lincoln,” while another user wrote, “Massacre in Egypt. Hyper-sensitive @whitehouse tweets picture of Biden with a camel.”
Once the White House managed to shake off the sillies, it offered condolences to the families of those who had been killed. In a statement, the administration said:
The world is watching what is happening in Cairo. We urge the government of Egypt — and all parties in Egypt — to refrain from violence and resolve their differences peacefully.
Sources tell me that if you pulled the message’s finger, it broke wind, but this claim has yet to be substantiated.
- Obama wasn’t just wrong about al Qaeda, but about Russia, too
- Questions Jay Leno should have asked Obama
- With boss on vacation, WH solicits questions about Obama’s agenda
- Flashback: Sen. Biden says Americans shouldn’t trust a president who spies on them
- GOP Rep. says vengeful, incompetent and dishonest Obama ‘unfit to lead,’ Biden just as bad
- Miss water-boarding-obtained intel and Bush yet?
- John Kerry praises Yankee fans for singing Red Sox anthem, flubs song name
- Taxpayers spring for Biden’s third vacation in past three months
- Biden has been flying home to Delaware on weekends on taxpayer’s dime
- Biden tells audience Gabby Giffords was ‘mortally wounded’
- Obama campaign is OK with Biden’s saying they’ll ‘put y’all back in chains’
- Latest self-defense advice from VP: ‘Fire the shotgun through the door’
- Joe Biden’s shotgun advice could land his wife in jail
- WH website offers gun ownership advice from shot gun salesman Joe Biden
- Video of the day: Biden tells audience ‘president has a big stick’
- Joe Biden calls Mitt Romney ‘President Romney,’ Obama ‘President Clinton’
- During long-winded Biden speech, Obama wrote to aide ‘Shoot. Me. Now.’
- Biden to Gabby Giffords: “Welcome to the Cracked Head Club”