It might be said in a similar vein that NBC Nightly News found the state of New Hampshire by moving Vermont aside. The primetime show misplaced the Granite State on a map on Tuesday meant to show the location of Lac-Mégantic, the town in Canada that was the scene of a deadly explosion and fire after a train derailment.
Today, Evan McMurry of Mediaite notes, Nightly News’s host, Brian Williams issued a mea culpa, jokingly telling viewers:
New Hampshire’s gone! Vanished. It apparently moved to Vermont, and then New York took over a bunch of territory and no one knew it. New Hampshire was lost by our graphics department. It has since been found and put back.
McMurry notes that Williams went on the praise New Hampshire as, among other things, the state that gave us comedians Seth Myers and Sarah Silverman. That’s the same Sarah Silverman who unceremoniously tweeted on July 5:
I’d very much like to anally probe @govwalker each time he needs to make an ‘informed decision.’
Figures NBC would find her to be a prospective source of pride.
- One of Al Gore’s political stooges tells why Paul Ryan ‘likes fetuses so much’
- Bill Maher turns story of man who killed himself over Obama win into crass joke
- Lib talking head who backed impeaching Bush calls secessionists ‘traitors’
- Bill Maher aghast over Jan Brewer’s ‘unprecedented disrespect’ for president
- Civility alert: Waxman calls GOP ‘terrorists’; break Jan Brewer’s finger off
- Liberals rejoice over death of Andrew Breitbart
- If it’s Tuesday, the Republicans must be racist
- Bill Maher hits new low in Palin attack: Calls her “c”-word
- Bill Maher weighs in on the man with “the thinnest résumé for president” (Video)
- Tracy Morgan on TNT: “Sarah Palin is good masturbation material” (Video)
- Giddy libs rejoice over Biden’s noisy debate performance
- Touré tweets ‘get your abortions NOW in case the Republicans win’