A Michigan man can claim to be an upstanding, law-abiding citizen, though he’s not likely to win a son-of-the-year award any time soon. The man, whose name is being withheld, recognized the woman in surveillance photos of a bank robbery as his mother. He phoned the police not only to reveal the crook’s identity but her location — in his home in Byron Township.
MLive reports that Dee Ann Sanders, 53, was indicted Tuesday, June 25, on charges that she robbed a Bank of America branch a week earlier. She is to be arraigned in U.S. District Court in Grand Rapids on Thursday.
Surveillance photos showed a woman wearing a bright red T-shirt with a large American flag on the front.
Shortly after the photos were released to media, the son and several other callers identified Sanders as the robber, FBI special agent Adam Van Deuren wrote in a criminal complaint. Police found her near her son’s house on Festival Drive SW, less than a mile from the bank robbery.
Sanders admitted to robbing the bank during an interview with the FBI and a Kent County sheriff’s detective, Van Deuren wrote, adding, “Sanders further stated that she was stressed about problems with her husband, causing her to have crack-cocaine addiction-related urges.”
According to a statement from the teller who was approached by Sanders, she presented a note announcing the robbery and demanding $2,500 for her children and grandchildren. She made off with $1,092, court records indicate, a difference of nearly $1,500.
But the real $1,500 is whether she feels proud of her son for turning in a bank robber. If nothing else, she can take solace from knowing she raised him right.
- Cop fired for drunk driving suing city, saying alcoholism is a ‘disability’
- Escort who tried to bite off man’s penis charged with attempted murder
- Video shows inmates at hard labor: Swilling beer, snorting coke, handling a gun
- Corrections officer busted for trading cookies for sexual favors
- Thief steals Chinese food delivery car, continues making deliveries
- FL hooker: ‘Will [blank] for cheeseburgers’
- Woman driver claims her 38KKK breasts saved her life in crash
- Woman busted for DUI says big boobs made her fail sobriety test
- NY mom passes drugs to jailed son through kisses
- Judge sentences teen to 30 days after she flashes middle finger
- SD woman breaks into home … to breastfeed a stranger’s baby
- LI man busted for laughing out loud
- Prison inmates blame their crimes on booze, sue manufacturers
- Outrage: Prison inmates collect unemployment benefits