At least they aren’t blaming George W. Bush (although his father, as vice president under Ronald Reagan, gets a dishonorable mention). Weasel Zippers notes that students studying American history in Prescott, Wis., are the latest to be indoctrinated by the left-leaning educational cartel.
The father of one student posted a reading assignment handed out to his daughter’s class on Monday at SIGForum. The text, which appears in the photos below, includes this “fact”:
Reagonomics latched onto supply-side economics, better known as trickle-down theory — the dubious idea that tax cuts for the wealthy and for big businesses would stimulate the economy.
Trending: Cartoon of the Day: Pork-astucture
There is also an interesting application of the term redistribution: “The 1980s began a massive redistribution of wealth back to the wealthy.” How is allowing the wealthy to keep more of the money they earn in the first place a form of redistribution? The writers never explain this bit of pernicious propaganda, but they do reach an interesting conclusion:
Small wonder that American faith in democracy soured into cynicism. Election turnout plunged. The center could not hold. Idealism fled from politics. A downward spiral of disillusionment accelerated.
Too bad the assignment doesn’t extend to the present day, a period of history that one could easily encapsulate using the exact same paragraph quoted above.
- Don’t know much geography: Twitter users confuse Chechnya and Czech Republic
- NY school district apologizes for asking students to ‘argue Jews are evil’
- School teaches freedoms sometimes need to be relinquished for greater good
- Public school teaches that conservatism ‘restricts personal freedoms’
- CT school teaches that Americans don’t have constitutional right to bear arms