Talk about speaking truth to power! The Daily Caller notes that on Friday, during NBC News’ live coverage of the manhunt for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, a behind-the-scenes production crew member used a four-letter word that was broadcast on live air via an open mic.
The incident occurred just as anchor Brian Williams was handing off coverage to New England Cable News. From TDC:
‘What’s that?” an unidentified voice then said. ‘Is that amazing? Oh, you’re not listening? Oh, we don’t know — we don’t sh*t.’
After an awkward pause, Williams jumped back in with an apology, blaming a communication mix-up on NECN’s part, but then resumed coverage of the manhunt.
‘Well, that was a fortuitous time to dip into the coverage of New England Cable News,’ Williams said. ‘We apologize for the language we inadvertently aired during what was a mix-up of communications on their part. They have what we should probably get on the air, which is a Google Earth map of the confines.’
A video capture of the exchange, unbleeped, is below.
While the profanity was obviously never intended for public consumption, the statement in which it appeared contains at least a germ of truth. As an illustration, take NBC’s official response when the the network was approached last Sunday about its self-imposed blackout on coverage of the Kermit Gosnell case:
The story is on our radar. We understand the importance of the issue and we’ll continue to cover the broader questions as news warrants.
“We don’t know sh*t about it” would have been a far more succinct and candid reaction.
- WaPo denies media bias in Gosnell case blackout, but wait till you hear why
- Al Sharpton, Touré claim Roger Ailes used racist ‘dog whistle’ code in calling Obama ‘lazy’
- NYC Mayor Bloomberg drops s-bomb while promoting hot dog eating contest
- Leftist campaign features children dropping F-bombs
- Obama drops the F-bomb?
- Kathy Griffin kisses Anderson Cooper’s crotch on live TV
- Sorry, David Sirota: Looks like Boston bombers are not ‘White Americans’
- The most despicable headline yet about the Boston Marathon bombing
- MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell: NRA helping Boston Marathon bombers get away with murder
- Saudi ‘person of interest’ in Boston bombings to be deported?
- Jihadist magazine: ‘How to make a bomb in the kitchen of your mom’
- Kerry on Benghazi: ‘We got a lot more important things to move on to’
- Benghazi redux: State Dept waffles on another diplomat’s death
- U.S. confers ‘EZ-Pass’ status on travelers from Saudi Arabia
- Anti-terrorist ad campaign on SF city buses called ‘Islamophobic’