Lost in all the uproar over the media’s coverage of the murder trial of Kermit Gosnell, or lack thereof, is the official White House response, which follows: _____.
It’s not that this is an administration that is afraid to insinuate into news stories, and I don’t mean just those of the magnitude of Newtown.
Don’t forget that back in his first month in office in 2009, the president accused the Cambridge, Mass., of “acting stupidly” in its dealings with his friend Henry Louis Gates. Never mind that Obama didn’t have all the facts at hand before making his public assessment, or that he subsequently told reporters that he had no regrets about jumping to conclusions.
The reason that president has steered clear of weighing in on the Gosnell case is that if he did, he would need to explain his view — which is that Gosnell did nothing wrong.
Trending: Cartoon of the Day: No Child Left Behind
A sobering reminder that Obama, during his 2004 campaign for the U.S. Senate, was an avid defender of partial birth abortions. Part of his platform was seeking to overturn the ban on these abortions passed into law by then-President George W. Bush.
The website LifeNews has a fund-raising letter signed by Michelle Obama that calls this type of late-term abortion (better known in medical parlance as an intact dilation and evacuation) a “legitimate medical procedure.” An image file of the letter appears further down on this page. As you read it, notice the pretensions toward compassion, which stop conveniently short of the 7-pound, 4-ounce elephant in the delivery room. The opening paragraph follows:
We have all been concerned lately with the rise of conservatism in this country, especially as it relates to women. You’ve read the alarming news about the Justice Department’s request for hospitals to turn over the private medical records of dozen of patients. This cynical ploy is to designed to intimidate a group of physicians and force them to drop their lawsuit to have the so-called partial birth abortion ban ruled unconstitutional.
The irony of Obama’s claims about abuse of power and an administration’s assault on privacy would be amusing at this point in time if it wasn’t so tragic.
- WaPo denies media bias in Gosnell case blackout, but wait till you hear why
- Is abortionist’s scrubbed website a nail in his coffin?
- Liberal media react to Gosnell trial: The good, the bad, and the ugly
- What if an abortionist was tried for murdering babies born live and no one came to the trial?
- MSM disgraces itself in abortion doctor trial
- Planned Parenthood rep argues for killing babies born alive after failed abortion
- Doctor who joked about live babies he aborted on trial for murder
- Video: Manhattan college students play “baby-killing” game
- Daily Kos salutes trashing of NYC ‘Cost of Teen Pregnancy’ PSAs
- One of Al Gore’s political stooges tells why Paul Ryan ‘likes fetuses so much’
- Touré tweets ‘get your abortions NOW in case the Republicans win’
- University displays billboard-sized naked vaginas in pro-abortion exhibit
- The vagina monolith: Suggestive sculpture under wraps at Wasilla High School
- College hosts sex and masturbation tutorial in a church
- University to sponsor workshop on better orgasms for co-eds (Photos)
- University of Minnesota sponsors ‘unfair to be white’ campaign (Photos)
- Liberal feminist group: ‘If our reproductive choices are denied, so are yours’