By rough count, as president Barack Obama has committed enough “George Bushisms” to fill a poster of similar size to the ones prominently displayed on college dorm room walls during the 43rd president’s tenure.
If his wife has had fewer gaffes, it may be because she is not in the public eye quite as often. But she had a humdinger on Thursday. The New York Post reports that Mrs. Obama was giving an interview to a CBS affiliate about her healthy eating initiative when she stumbled and referred to herself as a “busy single mother.”
She quickly righted herself — sort of, saying:
I shouldn’t say single — as a busy mother. Sometimes when you’ve got a husband who is president it can feel a little single. But he’s there.
In the meantime, single is not the only questionable adjective the First Lady used. She also referred to herself as “busy,” which is interesting when you consider that her mother lives at the White House and looks after her two children, that by February of 2012 she had taken 16 vacations, that her only job is her self-imposed make-work assignment of attempting to control what the nation’s children eat.
- First Lady spent $10 million in taxpayer money on vacations last year
- Putting country ahead of vacation
- Michelle Obama, creating jobs one bauble at a time
- MSM reporting on Obama presser in Palestine fails to mention Arafat backdrop
- Bushism of the day: WH gets sex of Korean president wrong on memo
- Obama’s latest gaffe: We’re the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad
- Biden tells audience Gabby Giffords was ‘mortally wounded’
- Obama and the meaning of shared sacrifice
- Michelle Obama’s high staff turnover fueled by racism?
- First Lady vacations in racist Spain