Call President Obama the Spammer-in-Chief.
“Obama’s anti-gun campaign is a fraud,” the Texas Republican said. “Obama’s supporters are panicking and willing to do anything to create the appearance of popular support, even if it means trying to defraud Congress,” he said. “I call upon the president to denounce this phony spam campaign.”
Stockman said he received 16 tweets in response to Obama’s call asking supporters to flood their congressional representatives. Of those 16 tweets, only six were from real people.
“The other 10 are fake, computer-generated spambots,” his office said.
According to Stockman’s office, the tweets came from accounts that use Twitter’s default profile picture and have not engaged in any other interaction.
An article at the Daily Caller posted one of the suspect messages.
As of this writing, that is the only message the account has sent. The account only has one follower, Brad A. Schenck, a person who describes himself as a “former digital strategist at #Obama2012 and @ObamaInaugural.”
The account follows three people: Barack Obama, Anderson Cooper and MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow.
Another account, “Deborah Lee,” has tweeted the exact same message twice and is also followed by Schenck.
“Yep. They’re fakes,” the Daily Caller said.
“These guys think you’re stupid, America,” Jim Treacher wrote. “But then, they’ve got some pretty strong evidence to back them up. You reelected them,” he added.
Stockman had even harsher criticism, calling Obama’s gun-control supporters “spammers” who are “trying to defraud Congress using the same scam that sells ‘male enhancement pills.'”
“The White House has some explaining to do. To what extent is the White House involved in this attempt to defraud Congress?” he asked.
- Oregon Democrats propose gun confiscation bill requiring warrantless inspections
- Missouri GOP rep. uses gun confiscation bill for target practice
- Oregon state senator calls for gun registration, laughs about shooting victim
- Sheriff warns of second American revolution if gun confiscation laws pass
- New NRA ad: Politicians ‘don’t rule’ Americans or ‘give us rights’
- Company designs targets with pictures of armed children, pregnant women
- Biden claims shotgun easier for women to use than AR-15; Gun expert disagrees
- Bill by Missouri GOP Rep. would make proposing gun control legislation a felony
- Washington gun control proposal said to violate Fourth Amendment to Constitution
- Annual inspection requirement axed from Washington gun control proposal
- Mexico to ask for registry of guns in border states, national media silent
- Communist Party USA backs Obama gun grab, calls Second Amendment obsolete
- Missouri Democrats propose law giving gun owners 90 days to turn in weapons
- Minnesota Democrats pushing gun confiscation bill similar to Missouri’s
- Wisconsin Democrats circulate legislation to ban hunting ammunition
- Arkansas governor signs law allowing concealed guns in churches
- Iowa Democrat: Ban and confiscate semi-automatic guns
- NY Democrat begs Republican to keep gun confiscation proposal from public
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
- Liberals, media engage in propaganda to demonize law-abiding gun owners