Missouri State Rep. Eric Burlison (R-Springfield) ended up using a gun confiscation bill for target practice after being told by a shooter at a gun range that the bill makes a great target, The Blaze reported Wednesday.
Burlison went to the range to talk to citizens about the bill that if passed into law, would give owners of so-called “assault weapons” 90 days to turn them in to authorities, disable them or ship them out of the state. Those who fail to do so could spend 7 years in prison.
“Why are they wasting their time on this? They tried this all before. [The assault weapons ban] was in place for 10 years and had absolutely no effect,” one man said.
“Are they going to limit the number of magazines next?” he asked.
A woman seemed shocked that her grandfather would become a felon for simply owning certain firearms.
But when Rep. Burlison asked a shooter what he thought, the man said “it’s a great bill.”
“Really?” Burlison asked.
“It’s great target practice,” the man said.
So Burlison tried it for himself.
“You’re right, it does make for a good bill,” he said after shooting a copy of the proposal.
In response to the Democratic-sponsored bill, state Rep. Mike Leara (R-St. Louis) introduced a measure making it a felony to propose gun control legislation, punishable by up to four years in prison.
Video of the target shooting can be seen here.
- Sheriff warns of second American revolution if gun confiscation laws pass
- New NRA ad: Politicians ‘don’t rule’ Americans or ‘give us rights’
- Company designs targets with pictures of armed children, pregnant women
- Biden claims shotgun easier for women to use than AR-15; Gun expert disagrees
- Bill by Missouri GOP Rep. would make proposing gun control legislation a felony
- Washington gun control proposal said to violate Fourth Amendment to Constitution
- Annual inspection requirement axed from Washington gun control proposal
- Mexico to ask for registry of guns in border states, national media silent
- Communist Party USA backs Obama gun grab, calls Second Amendment obsolete
- Missouri Democrats propose law giving gun owners 90 days to turn in weapons
- Minnesota Democrats pushing gun confiscation bill similar to Missouri’s
- Wisconsin Democrats circulate legislation to ban hunting ammunition
- Arkansas governor signs law allowing concealed guns in churches
- Iowa Democrat: Ban and confiscate semi-automatic guns
- NY Democrat begs Republican to keep gun confiscation proposal from public
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
- Liberals, media engage in propaganda to demonize law-abiding gun owners