“The protesters shouted ‘scab’ and ‘Walmart tent’ as they advanced,” Lee Stranahan wrote at Breitbart.com. “The tent had been used by AFP to house members who were reportedly threatened at last week’s demonstration,” he added.
Trending: Cartoon of the Day: Looney Toons
“This is what democracy looks like,” they chanted as they destroyed the tent.
According to Crowder, women and children were in the tent when it was destroyed, and he was punched in the face four times.
Crowder said he did not respond with violence, but expressed concern that union protesters would have killed him.
“The mob would have literally killed me,” he said in a tweet.
Earlier in the day, Rep. Douglas Geiss, a Democrat from Taylor, threatened violence if the bill passed.
“We are about to undo 100 years of [labor progress]. There will be blood on the streets,” he said during a debate on the bill.
“We will relive the Battle of the Overpass,” he said recalling a 1937 incident where labor organizers clashed with security guards working for Ford Motor Company.
Michigan Democrats proudly tweeted Geiss’ threat, but Twitchy said the threatening tweet was deleted after violence broke out.
Video of union thugs destroying the AFP tent follows:
Democrat Douglas Geiss threatens violence if the bill passes:
Crowder assaulted by union thugs:
- Michigan Democrat on right to work bill: ‘There will be blood’
- Michael Moore calls for revolt in Michigan, vows to disobey right to work law
- Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
- Democratic Congressman says it’s time for unions to get bloody
- Wisconsin Dem to GOP Assemblywoman: “You are f*****g dead”