When Barack Obama is not busy staging a campaign-style event to excoriate the Republican-led House as “blackmailers” and “anarchists” (his actual words), he’s asking the public to come forward with examples of GOP perfidy. (If Mohammed won’t come to the mountain…)
Usually, his vehicle of choice for soliciting the public’s help in defaming the opposition party is the White House website.
In the past, he has used this medium — which is financed with your tax dollars — to conscript snitches for his “Truth Team,” an Orwellian construct if ever there was one.
Due to Congress’s failure to pass legislation to fund the government, the information on this web site may not be up to date. Some submissions may not be processed, and we may not be able to respond to your inquiries.
Information about government operating status and resumption of normal operations is available at USA.GOV.
It is not until you scroll down that you come to an invitation to share your tale of woe in the wake of the GOP’s refusal to “do its job.” Here is a screen grab:
When you click on the “Share Your Story” button, you are taken to a fresh page that asks for your name, email address, and ZIP code (all required fields). To understand what a fool’s errand you are embarking on if you comply, remember that you have been warned: “Some submissions may not be processed, and we may not be able to respond to your inquiries.” In other words, your anecdote may never see the light of day, but your personal info is guaranteed to make it into their database.
The Truth Team and its predecessor, AttackWatch, were both abandoned soon after their appearance, largely due to public apathy. But the invitation to rat out the bad guys this time is actually getting a response … on Twitter. The “anecdotes” being shared, however, are fictitious and meant to skewer the administration. Here are a few, all carrying the hashtag #shutdownsobstories:
I have no idea what the panda at the National Zoo is doing. #shutdownsobstories
#shutdownsobstories I have no idea when to drink water or when to move
Who’s going to mine my metadata? #ShutdownSobStories
#ShutdownSobStories Wildlife in closed National parks are starving due to the lack of picnics.
#ShutDownSobStories Feeling unsafe without the NSA watching over me.
Harry Reid hurt his finger while pushing his own elevator button. #ShutdownSobStories
#ShutdownSobStories the White House will only host 2 concerts per month
#shutdownsobstories Moochelle couldn’t get dressed today, the 24 who help her dress are on furlough
- Obama: ‘I’ve bent over backwards to work with GOP’
- Is ‘non-partisan’ Organizing for Action helping raise funds for Democratic candidates?
- OFA, Obama’s dark money group, resurrects ‘Truth Team’ to help expose ‘liars’
- Organizing for Action berates Obamabots for not donating
- WH sells access to president to 1-percenters
- Organizing for America will not release full donor info
- CIA administering polygraphs to operatives to keep them silent on Benghazi
- Obama digs hole deeper with statements that don’t match Benghazi info timeline
- Did fear of tough questions from the press about Benghazi makes Obama cry?
- Far from partisan hack, whistleblower Gregory Hicks is registered Dem, voted for Hillary and Obama
- Move over AttackWatch: Obama wants you for his ‘Truth Team’
- Obama new AttackWatch website: Snitches wanted
- Obama wants you to help him gather dirt on Rick Perry