King Charles Supports Investigation After Arrest Of Former Prince Andrew Over Wrongdoing With Jeffrey Epstein

King Charles Supports Investigation After Arrest Of Former Prince Andrew Over Wrongdoing With Jeffrey Epstein
Prince Andrew in a 2019 interview. ITV News video, YouTube

By Leena Nasir
King Charles III spoke out after the arrest of former Prince Andrew on suspicion of misconduct in public office.

The King said he supported the police investigation into Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s alleged wrongdoing in connection with Jeffrey Epstein in a statement shared Thursday.

“I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office,” the King wrote. “What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation.”

“Let me state clearly: the law must take its course,” the king’s statement continued. “As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter.”

King Charles emphasized that he remained focused on his role in the monarchy, despite the challenging circumstances his family is facing.

A photograph appearing to show the former royal leaning over a woman was later made public as part of the Epstein files, drawing global scrutiny.

The embattled royal was also accused of sexual assault and rape by Virginia Giuffre, who alleged that Jeffrey Epstein trafficked her to Mountbatten-Windsor. (RELATED: Former Prince Andrew Reportedly In Police Custody In Connection With The Epstein Files)

“It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged offence. We understand the significant public interest in this case, and we will provide updates at the appropriate time,” Wright said.

The Thames Valley Police issued a statement saying, “We have today (19/2) arrested a man in his 60s from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office and are carrying out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk,” according to The Guardian.

“The man remains in police custody at this time.”

Police arrested the former duke of York in his home in England, Feb. 19, the day of his 66th birthday.

This is the first time in modern history that a senior member of the monarchy is arrested on charges of this nature.

Police are examining claims that the former duke of York may have shared sensitive information with Jeffrey Epstein during his time serving as a U.K. trade envoy.

An image of the former royal seemingly leaning over a woman was released as part of the Epstein files and gained worldwide attention.

The scandal-ridden former royal also faced allegations of sexual assault and rape by Virginia Giuffre, who alleged that she was trafficked to Mountbatten-Windsor by Epstein. (RELATED: Prince William, Kate Middleton Break Silence On Epstein Files)

Amid the swirling allegations of sexual assault and misconduct, King Charles III formally stripped Prince Andrew of both his “Prince” title and His Royal Highness status in November 2025, reducing him to a private citizen in the eyes of the Crown, and evicted him from Royal Windsor.

Mountbatten-Windsor previously denied the allegations against him.

Comments

For your convenience, you may leave commments below using Disqus. If Disqus is not appearing for you, please disable AdBlock to leave a comment.