Craker? Is that a new insult — a melding, perhaps, of cracker and Quaker? Or is it simply the case that the vandals who roamed through a Philadelphia neighborhood in the small hours of Wednesday equipped with cans of spray paint are just lousy spellers?
CBS Philly reports:
Residents in one Northeast Philadelphia neighborhood had a rude awakening Wednesday morning when they woke up and discovered vulgar graffiti spray-painted on their cars and homes.
The vandalism happened on four blocks in the city’s Rhawnhurst section. The streets targeted were Hoffnagle Street, Benson Street, Emerson Street and Solly Avenue.
According to investigators, the vandals spray-painted racial epithets, sexual symbols and swastikas on cars, houses and fences.
The spray paint vandalism included the saying ‘Fu* Crakers’ and some on [sic] the swastikas were backwards.
The report notes that so far, no arrests have been made, and that the vandalism remains under investigation.
So once again, we are forced to engage in a little though experiment and imagine that the third and fourth paragraphs of the story read like this:
According to investigators, the vandals spray-painted racial epithets, sexual symbols and nooses on cars, houses and fences.
The spray paint vandalism included the saying ‘Fu* n**gers’….
Several differences in the handling of the narrative would be likely. First, there would be more than four column inches and a handful of paragraphs devoted to the story. The misdemeanor (assuming that is how authorities are treating the act) would not be written off simply as vandalism but something far more egregious and with deeper social implications. Expressions of outrage by public figures, local and otherwise, would be quoted in the article, which would be carried by every major news site and left-leaning blog.
So how extensive is the coverage of this story? A search using the key words vandals, spray paint, and Philly returns links to two TV news reports (one of them MyFoxPhilly), one radio news report (KYW, which links back to the CBS story), and Drudge.
End of story.
- Jury orders black boss to pay $280K for repeatedly calling black employee n-word
- Authorites consider adding ‘hate crime’ enhancement in stabbing death of white GI (Update)
- Radio host Tom Joyner offers to send Rachel Jeantel to black college of her choice
- Why are liberals willing to tolerate black intolerance toward gays?
- Congressional Black Caucus spokesperson: Calling Obama cool is racist (Update)
- Droopy jeans foil another getaway
- Donut maker in Thailand accused of racism tells accuser to take a hike
- You want to have a conversation on race? Fine, let’s start with this video
- In Joan Walsh’s world being called a racial slur makes you a racist (or something)
- Finally, something liberal apologists can sink their teeth into: A white riot
- Victim of ‘I hate white people’ rampage in NYC park dies
- ‘DREAMer’ immigration activist tweeted about killing, eating ‘white invaders’
- White teen savagely beaten on FL school bus by purple people eaters
- School district spends $2.4M on sensitivity training that emphasizes evils of ‘white culture’