[Ed. – 2020 strikes again.]
Residents of Lake Jackson, Texas, have been warned about using tap water after a deadly brain-eating microbe was found in the city’s public water supply.
Tests confirmed the presence of Naegleria fowleri in the system. The amoeba can cause an infection of the brain, which is usually fatal. …
Officials in Lake Jackson said they were disinfecting the water supply but did not know how long this would take.
An investigation into the city’s water supply began after a six-year-old boy contracted the microbe and died earlier this month, Lake Jackson City Manager Modesto Mundo told reporters.