Women order cocktail in restaurant, served cleaning fluid instead

Women order cocktail in restaurant, served cleaning fluid instead
Gives a new definition to 'fire water.'

[Ed. – ‘It smelled like turpentine, it looked like India ink.’]

This is more than just a perverse take on the “waiter, what’s this fly doing in my soup” routine. This is a case of extreme carelessness that could have proved deadly.

According to Omaha ABC affiliate KETV, two women out for lunch at a La Vista, Neb., restaurant decided to try a new cocktail the bar had concocted. One of the two unsuspecting lunchers, Sarah G. Baker, describes what happened after each of them took a sip: “It was 15 minutes of vomiting, taking a breath, vomiting.”

Her companion, Dorothy Felker, said she felt as though her “mouth was on fire.”

Trending: Education Department may encourage racial quotas in school discipline, and promote intersectionality

The restaurant explained that the bartender accidentally served the women a chemical cleaning solution instead of the intended liqueur, Pama, which is purple from its infusion of pomegranate. alcohol. The restaurant has still not accounted for why the toxic chemical was inside the alcohol bottle behind the bar.

Continue reading →

Comments

For your convenience, you may leave commments below using Disqus. If Disqus is not appearing for you, please disable AdBlock to leave a comment.