[Ed. – Shades of the 2015 massacre, only this time there were no fatalities and the reason for the shooting was a dice game gone bad.]
Eight people were shot during a dice game at an apartment complex in San Bernardino, California, late Sunday, police said.
A 17-year-old is in grave condition, while two other victims are in extremely critical condition, said San Bernardino Police Capt. Richard Lawhead. The remaining five victims suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
Police initially said 10 people had been shot, all of them apparently adults, but Lawhead revised the tally early Monday to eight, including at least one minor.
Though there is a lot of gang activity in the area, Lawhead could not say for certain if that was a factor in the shooting but also wouldn’t rule it out.
The shooting took place in a common area of the complex, he said.
There is no suspect in custody, he said.
Officers got a call reporting shots fired at the complex,located on the east side of the city, Sunday at 10:45 p.m. (1:45 a.m. ET Monday).
“We believe that there was an exchange of gunfire,” he told reporters at the scene.