Pompeo: CIA won’t be releasing bin Laden’s porn stash

Pompeo: CIA won’t be releasing bin Laden’s porn stash

[Ed. – It’s not for lack of FOIA attempts by outside groups, however.  Americans’ thirst for knowledge is second to none.]

In comments first reported by Newsweek, [CIA Director Mike] Pompeo told Fox News’s Bret Baier that the pornographic materials and other “copyrighted” media would not be released to the public.

“There’s some pornography, there’s some copyrighted material. Everything other than those items will be released in the weeks ahead,” Pompeo told Fox News.

According to Reuters, the materials primarily consisted of “modern electronically recorded video,” in the form of VHS tapes.

Trending: Cartoon of the Day: Biden Burnout

Pompeo cast the release of other nonclassified documents as a way to prevent another attack like the one unleashed by bin Laden on Sept. 11, 2001. …

The CIA previously rejected a Freedom of Information Act request for the pornography from the website BroBible in 2015.

Continue reading →

Comments

For your convenience, you may leave commments below using Disqus. If Disqus is not appearing for you, please disable AdBlock to leave a comment.