- Do another mea culpa. And make it sincere. Apologize to your wife and daughters and all other women. Donald should bring this up during the first question of Sunday’s debate and address it.
- Get on the phone and apologize to party leaders and eat humble pie. You’ve got to let them vent. If this controversy festers, the party could cut off the resources for get-out-the voter efforts, and then he’s dead.
- Shift to issues. Talk about the economy and creating jobs. He’s got to show the contrast between him and Hillary.
- Treat Mrs. Clinton with respect in the debate. You want to come off as a leader, not a chauvinist pig. Don’t interrupt her. Counter her points. He didn’t do that last time.
- Don’t mention Bill Clinton and his sexual dalliances. People know about Bill Clinton’s indiscretions. He was elected twice president. At the end of the day, Hillary is running, Bill isn’t running.
- Understand he has two debates and four weeks to turn this around….
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.
You may use HTML in your comments. Feel free to review the full list of allowed HTML here.