[Ed. – Which just turn out to be things that were…already crimes. It’s not like assault and harassment were legal, before these idiots adopted a new crime category. Now they just get to call it a hate crime. Look at the bright side: at least their hate-crime statistics will soar.]
Nottinghamshire Police has officially recognised misogyny as a hate crime. In an effort to make the county a safer place for women, the force has provided misogyny hate crime training to selected officers and staff for the past three months.
The force is the first in the country to adopt the separate misogyny hate crime category. Misogyny hate crime is classed under the new policy as “incidents against women that are motivated by an attitude of a man towards a woman, and includes behaviour targeted towards a woman by men simply because they are a woman“.
Examples of incidents include:
- unwanted or uninvited sexual advances
- physical or verbal assault
- unwanted or uninvited physical or verbal contact or engagement
- use of mobile phones to send unwanted or uninvited messages
- or take photographs without consent.