In the spirit of the Letterman Top 10 lists, Howard Schultz is the perfect Democratic Party Vice Presidential Candidate because he is–
10. A progressive: advocate for gay marriage, free college tuition, racial justice, and gun control.
8. An American success story: raised in a housing project in Brooklyn, to a football scholarship at Northern Michigan University, to CEO of one of the world’s most reputable companies, and now worth $3 billion.
7. A person of integrity: on almost all Top 10 Business Leaders lists, loving husband and father, person of faith, admired, even beloved by his employees.
6. Connects with people: New Yorkers by birth, Midwesterners by education, West Coast by career and the entire country through his work ethic and philanthropy.
5. Created a premier international brand: with broad appeal and brand loyalty that cuts across politics, religion, financial status, gender, sexual orientation, race, and age.