[Ed. – Sexist headline; should read ‘personslaughter.’]
Caitlyn Jenner could be charged with manslaughter following her car accident in Malibu earlier this year that left one dead.
“The case will be submitted to the district attorney next week,” said Lt. Shaun Mathers of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.
Detectives have completed their six-month investigation and are set to present evidence to the prosecution that could lead to a misdemeanor manslaughter charge against the “I Am Cait” star. Because there’s “nothing really egregious” in the case, Det. Richard Curry of the Sheriff’s Dept. said there’s a “50/50” chance that she will be charged.
A misdemeanor manslaughter charge usually carries a one-year county jail sentence.
Jenner was driving down Pacific Coast Highway on Feb. 7 at an unsafe speed when her Escalade hit another vehicle, causing a chain-reaction crash, authorities said. Curry charged that Jenner’s violation of the vehicular manslaughter law ultimately led to a death.