BREAKING: Israeli cabinet rejects Kerry’s ceasefire proposal

BREAKING: Israeli cabinet rejects Kerry’s ceasefire proposal

Israel’s security cabinet unanimously rejected a cease-fire proposal Friday that called for a week-long truce in the deadly conflict.

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry met twice Friday in Cairo with U.N. chief Ban Ki Moon and Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shukri in an effort to nail down the proposal that would have allowed Israelis and Palestinians to discuss a broader deal.

After meeting for several hours, Israel’s security cabinet said it was seeking modifications to the proposal, Reuters reported.

“The security cabinet has unanimously rejected the ceasefire proposal of Kerry, as it stands,” Israeli public television reported, according to AFP. …

Trending: Airlines warn of ‘catastrophic’ 5G aviation ‘crisis’ on January 19

The failure of the latest cease-fire proposal comes after a truce proposed by Egypt last week was rejected by Hamas because the group said it wasn’t consulted. Hamas says any peace deal must include the lifting of a blockade against Gaza.

Continue reading →

Comments

For your convenience, you may leave commments below using Disqus. If Disqus is not appearing for you, please disable AdBlock to leave a comment.