McDaniel rep found locked in county courthouse after hours following primary

McDaniel rep found locked in county courthouse after hours following primary

[Ed. – Does it only seem like the McDaniel campaign in Mississippi is trying to self-destruct?  I’m as sympathetic to the Tea Party movement as the next small-government constitutionalist, but at a certain point, you have to wonder what’s going on with a campaign that can’t seem to get untangled from these weird situations.  It was the McDaniel campaign, you remember, that knew about a blogger’s creepy escapade in the nursing home of Thad Cochran’s wife weeks before the authorities found out about it.  McDaniel needs to get this locked down.]

The Hinds County Sheriff’s Department is investigating why three people, including a high-ranking Chris McDaniel campaign official, were found locked in the Hinds County Courthouse in Jackson hours after an election official says the building was closed early Wednesday morning.

Hinds County Sheriff’s Department spokesman Othor Cain said investigators are trying to figure out how Janis Lane, Scott Brewster and Rob Chambers entered the courthouse. They were inside until about 3:45 a.m., Cain said.

Brewster is a former coordinator of presidential candidate Newt Gingrich’s Mississippi operation and is currently McDaniel’s campaign coalition coordinator. …

Trending: Big tech de-platforms Maricopa County election audit recruiting effort

Lane is a member of the board of directors of the Central Mississippi Tea Party. She is among tea party leaders who claimed Nosef was supporting Cochran for the primary and called for his resignation.

Chambers is a consultant with the Mississippi Baptist Christian Action Commission who has worked with McDaniel and members of the Senate Conservative Coalition to fight Common Core.

Hinds County Republican Executive Chairman Pete Perry said he had serious concerns about the incident.

“I don’t care who it is. I have a concern with someone being in the courthouse with all the election material down there,” Perry said.

Perry said everyone left the courthouse by 11:30 p.m. Tuesday and locked up.

He said he got a phone call from Lane around 2 a.m. Wednesday saying two people, including her, were locked inside the courthouse and were looking for a way out.

Cain said there was never a threat to any ballots, which were already secured.

Continue reading →


For your convenience, you may leave commments below using Disqus. If Disqus is not appearing for you, please disable AdBlock to leave a comment.