Four more Nigerian girls have escaped Boko Haram captors

Four more Nigerian girls have escaped Boko Haram captors

Four of the more than 200 Nigerian schoolgirls abducted last month from a village school by the Boko Haram insurgent group have escaped their captors, according to a local official, Nigerian newspaper reports.

Bana Lawan, chairman of the Chibok Local Government Area, said on Wednesday that the four girls escaped their captors on Tuesday, both the Daily Times and Punch newspapers report.

The Premium Times earlier quoted Lawan as saying that the girls had been freed after becoming ill. The Times initially reported the release on Twitter.

An unidentified senior official in Borno state official told Reuters, however, that the four girls fled “a little after the initial escapes” of 53 others, “but we doubt it was a recent escape.”

Trending: Big tech de-platforms Maricopa County election audit recruiting effort

The four have been reunited with their families, which did not contact the government, he added. …

Nigeria Chief of Defense Staff Air Marshal Alex Badeh said Tuesday that. officials know the whereabouts of the abducted girls.

“The good news for the parents of the girls is that we know where they are, but we cannot tell you,” he said on Radio Nigeria. “We want out girls back, I can tell you that our military can and will do it. But we can’t kill our girls in the name of trying to get them back.”

Continue reading →

Comments

For your convenience, you may leave commments below using Disqus. If Disqus is not appearing for you, please disable AdBlock to leave a comment.