Where are they now? Victim of Miami ‘face eater’

Where are they now? Victim of Miami ‘face eater’

The scrawny homeless man whose face was partially chewed off by a crazed attacker last year has gained 50 pounds and is relearning the guitar, his doctors said Tuesday.

“I think he wants the world to know that he’s not traumatized by this, that he’s happy and grateful,” said Dr. Urmen Desai, Poppo’s plastic surgeon at Jackson Memorial Hospital/University of Miami.

Poppo became known to the world as a craggy, sunburnt, bearded man in a photo taken before he was attacked on Miami Beach’s MacArthur Causeway last May 26.

Continue reading →

For your convenience, you may leave commments below using either the Spot.IM commenting system or the Facebook commenting system. If Spot.IM is not appearing for you, please disable AdBlock to leave a comment.


Commenting Policy

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please hover over that comment, click the ∨ icon, and mark it as spam. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.