Here’s what Mr. Trump offered in a plan for fighting illegal immigration:
• Build the wall.
• End the catch and release policy for undocumented immigrants and instead return them to their country of origin.
• Have zero tolerance for undocumented immigrants who have committed a crime, and deport them.
• Triple the number of deportation officers at the department of Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
• Repeal President Obama’s executive orders that temporarily protected undocumented immigrants from deportation and authorized them to receive work permit,
And the other highlights from his speech:
• Mr. Trump made the case that Washington elites and the media have put the focus, wrongly, on the plight of an estimated 11 million undocumented immigrants in the country, rather than the Americans impacted by their presence.