Ohio machete attacker was previously investigated by FBI for ‘radical Islamist views’

Ohio machete attacker was previously investigated by FBI for ‘radical Islamist views’
(Image: WBNS-10 TV videeo via Jihad Watch)

[Ed. – What a shock, that he should use a machete to attack a business owned by an Arab Christian immigrant from Israel.  Who can explain it?]

Mohamed Barry, 30, from the Republic of Guinea, West Africa, was shot dead by police during the rampage at Nazareth Restaurant and Deli, a Mediterranean restaurant owned by an Israeli man in Columbus, on Thursday. …

The FBI have joined the investigation as law enforcement officials warn that ‘this incident has the hallmarks of the type of so-called ‘lone wolf’ terrorist attack that they have been working to stop,’ CBS News reported.

Now it has been revealed Barry was investigated by the FBI four years ago over concerns about his radical Islamist views, NBC 4 reports.

The 30-year-old had moved from Guinea to the United States in 2000. Originally living in Philadelphia, he moved to Ohio two years ago to look for work, his uncle Mamadou told the channel. …

According to CBS News, investigators are still running down leads trying to determine if the attack was somehow tied to terrorist organizations.

Columbus police Sgt. Rich Weiner said of the attacker: ‘There was no rhyme or reason as to who he was going after.’

Continue reading →


Commenting Policy

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.

You may use HTML in your comments. Feel free to review the full list of allowed HTML here.