Chinese student hospitalized after swallowing metal spoon ‘while eating ice cream’

Chinese student hospitalized after swallowing metal spoon ‘while eating ice cream’

A university student in Wuhan, Hubei province, was rushed to hospital after she swallowed a metal spoon while eating ice cream, the Wuhan Evening News reports.

The student was eating the dessert when her classmates suddenly pushed her, causing her to scream. She accidentally swallowed the 14cm-long spoon, which passed into her stomach, the report said.

Her astonished classmates took her to hospital, which she felt was unnecessary because she felt fine although “uncomfortably full”. Doctors took an X-ray and used a medical instrument with an attached snare to reach down her throat and retrieve the spoon, the report said.

Continue reading →


Commenting Policy

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.

You may use HTML in your comments. Feel free to review the full list of allowed HTML here.