Man dies after ordering a glass of wine and being served dishwater detergent by mistake

Man dies after ordering a glass of wine and being served dishwater detergent by mistake

A cafe owner has been arrested after a customer was served dishwater detergent instead of wine and DIED.

Police in Spain are investigating after Andres Lorente was served industrial cleaner which had been put inside an empty wine bottle and stored in a fridge.

The tragic 50-year-old had ordered a glass of white wine on Sunday afternoon but was then served the colourless and odourless liquid cleaner by mistake.

The victim, a divorced dad-of-two, was taken from the unnamed cafe in Benircarlo, east Spain, by ambulance to a local health centre before being rushed to hospital in nearby Vinaros as his condition worsened.

He died from internal burns to his windpipe, throat and stomach before he could be airlifted to a specialist centre in the provincial capital Castellon.

An autopsy was due to take place yesterday.

Local Civil Guard officers confirmed they had arrested the cafe-bar owner on suspicion of manslaughter and released him on bail after questioning.

Continue reading →


Commenting Policy

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.

You may use HTML in your comments. Feel free to review the full list of allowed HTML here.