Man and dog die of heat, trapped in Corvette

Man and dog die of heat, trapped in Corvette
(Image via CarGurus.com)

[Ed. – This is awfully sad.  But I can hear at least one contingent of guys saying, “Whatta way to go!”]

Police say a 72-year-old Texas man and his dog died of apparent heat exhaustion after not being able to get out of his locked sports car.

Police in the Southeast Texas city of Port Arthur believe James Rogers did not know how to manually unlock the 2007 Corvette he recently purchased.

Maj. Raymond Clark says Rogers on Monday stopped at a Waffle House for coffee. Clark says Rogers went out to the parking lot to check on his dog and left his cellphone in the restaurant.

Investigators believe a cable became loose after Rogers got in and shut the door, with no power to operate the horn or locks. The man and his dog were found dead about four hours later by another restaurant patron. Temperatures outside reached the 90s.

Continue reading →


Commenting Policy

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.

You may use HTML in your comments. Feel free to review the full list of allowed HTML here.