[Ed. – ROTFLOL. We’ve known since the first 24 hours about the sightings of a low-flying jumbo jet in the Maldives. This is just a sensational allegation with nothing backing it up.]
A former airline boss and writer claims the U.S. downed Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 because the military feared it had been taken over by hackers and was about to be used in a 9/11-style attack.
Marc Dugain, the former chief executive of now-defunct Proteus Airlines, said the jumbo jet was shot down near a U.S. military base on the remote island of Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean after it was hacked.
He told Paris Match that islanders in the Maldives near Diego Garcia told him they saw the missing aircraft flying low.
Dugain spoke of a fisherman on a small island who spoke of a ‘huge plane’ in Malaysie Airline’s colours on March 8.
He also said islanders had found an empty fire extinguisher from the plane in the water near Baarah island.
The Senegal-born Frenchman, who is now a successful novelist, also told a radio station he was warned not to investigate MH370 by an intelligence source, who spoke of ‘risks’ and counselled him to ‘let time do its work’.