A bank robber in Woodlawn, Ohio, hit upon an ingenious way to conceal his identity: He wore a burqa, the facial covering traditionally worn by Muslim women. The only problem is that the crook wore the garment in a manner that allowed people inside the bank to get a good look at his face — which was adorned, for added ease of recognition and eventual capture, with a tattoo.
The idiocy doesn’t stop there. The bank the robber chose to hit was inside a Kroger supermarket, and prior to the stick-up, he was spotted picking up a few groceries. Assistant Police Chief Aaron Tillman told Cincinnati CBS affiliate WKRC:
The subject was seen shopping in the store earlier by one of the store managers who was actually made contact with him and then it was later told to us that, that was the same individual that was involved in the robbery.
As the though the deck weren’t already sufficiently stacked against the guy, he was also captured by surveillance camera:
Apart from the tattoo, witnesses described the man as black and about 6 feet tall, with a slender build.
- World’s dumbest credit card thief is arrested after posing for picture with filched plastic
- World’s dumbest counterfeiter tries to pass bills with wrong picture
- Subway restaurant burglar foiled by his own potato chip trail
- Suspects find ‘no exit’ in botched NYC deli robbery
- Would-be burglar calls 911, complains victim is holding him at gunpoint
- Macy’s mistakenly marked down $1,500 necklace to $47
- Teens sentenced to probation after serving birthday cake ‘iced’ with human feces
- FL hooker: ‘Will [blank] for cheeseburgers’
- Elementary school teacher arrested for tying up and feeding students his semen