Children are never too young to learn the family business. This evidently was what a mother in Holly Hill, Fla., had in mind last Wednesday evening when she attempted to defraud the clerk in a dollar store and — when things went bad — to enlist the aid of her 7-year-old daughter in physically attacking the cashier.
Station WKMG in Orlando reports that the woman entered the store accompanied by two girls, approximate ages 1 and 7, presumably her daughters. The clerk told police that after the woman completed her shopping, she took a “sale” sign out of her purse and placed it on a toy, which she attempted to purchase at a discount. When the clerk informed the woman the toy wasn’t on sale, she said she no longer wanted it and headed out of the store — with a cart full of unpaid-for merchandise.
The clerk followed her out the door in the hopes of copying down the woman’s license plate number, but the thief told her older daughter to stand in front of the tag.
When the clerk retreated back into the store to phone 911, the customer followed her and began whaling on her. She also ordered the 7-year-old to help her subdue the clerk, screaming, “Get her!”
As the family left, the mother tried to run down the clerk with her car.
The worker suffered injuries to her face and arm and her glasses were broken.
Police traced the vehicle to a Daytona Beach man, who said he had loaned the car to his granddaughter. It is not known, however, whether the suspect and the man are related.
The culprit, who is still at large, is described as a black woman with light skin in her early 30s and about 230 pounds. She was last seen wearing a long-sleeved green shirt, blue jeans, and white shoes. She has medium-length black hair, which she wore in a ponytail.
- 11-year-old assaults grandmother after she refuses to buy him toy
- Mother of the year: Woman caught shoplifting flees, leaves infant behind
- Mother fleeing crime scene uses own infant as human shield
- Mom Tased daughter in the face for poor job cleaning house
- FL woman left young kids in car while attending rap concert
- Mom forces 9-year-old to pose nude for ‘porn shots’ to send to fiancé in jail
- Pimp sues Nike for not warning that their shoes can be used as weapons
- Family of black teen who attempted armed robbery irate that a Good Samaritan shot him (Video)
- Families of armed robbers shot to death by concerned citizen demand justice (Video)
- Toddler taken by child services after police union posts video of him swearing
- Ohio couple returns 9-year-old boy they adopted when he was 3 months old
- Daycare worker admits to murdering 3-year-old because she ‘refused to take her coat off’