Thanksgiving is a time for families to get together and, as the name denotes, give thanks for their blessings. If there is a fight over anything, it should be over who gets the drumsticks. Healthy rivalries over the day’s football contests are also permissible as long as they are conducted civilly and soberly (in both sense of the word).
But whatever other bones of contention may arise, you’ll want to save room for a squabble over Obamacare. That is what Barack Obama, in his infinite self-delusion, thinks people want to talk about. Never mind that most families aspire to leave any differences on the doormat to enjoy good friends and good cheer.
Here is an email that Jonah Goldberg received from Organizing for Action, the cynical dark money group that the president has affixed his name to (check the site URL). There is some confusion over whether the PAC, which replaced Obama’s campaign website, is called Organizing for Action or Organizing for America, as Goldberg calls it, but judging from the tone of the missive, Organizing for Ammo also works.
Ah, the week of Thanksgiving — that beautiful time of year when families gather and uncles everywhere feel the need to spout off about Obamacare.
Chances are, folks at the dinner table probably look to you, mostly as a voice of reason, on the subject.
So, this year, be prepared when health care comes up.
[A link to the OFA website appears at this point in the email. Another appears later. In the interests of sanity, I have deleted both.]
For millions of Americans — and probably several people in your life — this is the first time that quality, affordable health care is within reach. Whether you have a pre-existing condition that previously kept you from getting insured, or you’re a young person who thinks you’re invincible, getting covered is easy.
That’s why you should take the time to talk to the people you love about what health reform means for them.
Sometimes it’s easier to just let all those rants go without getting involved — believe me, I know. But when people turn to you, it’s good to have the facts.
Before you get together with your family, be sure to stock up on tips for talking about health care.
Health Care Campaign Manager
Organizing for Action
Have a Happy Thanksgiving, and keep Obama and his health care law off the menu. Both have an acrid taste.
- How will we know the Obamacare site is fixed?
- The moral conundrum facing left-wing extremists if the Obamacare website starts working
- 9 things conservatives need to know about Obamacare
- Dems, president can run but they can’t hide from Obamacare
- Obama’s first Obamacare lie: That his mother lost coverage as she lay dying
- Weird NYT column: Not supporting Obamacare Is slavery or something
- Think Obamacare can’t be repealed? Think again
- How long will MSM keep trying to whitewash Obamacare’s failure with anecdotal evidence?
- ‘No apologies needed — Obamacare works’ … says Susan E. Whigham
- In the shadow of ObamaCare disaster, liberals take cheap shots at President Bush
- Add Pelosi to list of Dems who promised you could keep your health plan
- Upshot of Obama’s meeting with insurers: They knew what was in law, but he didn’t?
- In defense of Barack Obama’s absolute, total and utter ignorance
- Obama’s ‘fix’ exposes another Obamacare lie (Video)
- Obama’s illegal, deceptive ‘fix’ to Obamacare won’t restore canceled insurance policies for most
- Official administration response to accusations Obama’s ‘fix’ is illegal
- CBO: Obamacare individual mandate delay would save $35 billion