While appearing on Wednesday’s edition of “Morning Joe,” Chris Matthews compared Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, to Hitler, telling fellow MSNBC demagogue Joe Scarborough the German dictator “even liked Jimmy Stewart” in the movie “Mr. Smith Goes to Washington,” Mediaite reported. This was after Matthews said Tuesday that Cruz is “a problem for our Republic.”
“He is a problem for our Republic,” Matthews declared, claiming that despite being a United States Senator, Cruz is not a legislator, nor is he allegedly a member of any political party.
“He has contempt for the American political system. He is not a member of any political party that I can tell,” he said. “His behavior has been totally and utterly destructive.”
In other words, Cruz has taken a principled stand against Obamacare, and that upsets Matthews.
It upset him so much that he compared Cruz to the pilot in “Dr. Strangelove” who rode a nuclear bomb at the end of the movie. He also compared Cruz to Joe McCarthy and a terrorist bomber all while implying the senator is unpatriotic.
Speaking to his guests, Matthews claimed that Cruz “has contempt” for American institutions like “deadlines.” Who knew “deadlines” are an American institution?
Clearly, Cruz has struck a nerve in the Democrat-media complex. So much so that they have decided that Cruz’s filibuster really isn’t a filibuster after all.
Never mind the glowing headlines when Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., railed against Wall Street for nine hours in December 2010, and never mind Wendy Davis’ filibuster for abortion that was hailed by the New York Times as “The Great Abortion Filibuster.”
This is different.
Because the filibuster is being done by Ted Cruz, a conservative Republican who, in the view of the left — which includes the media — must be destroyed by any means necessary.
- Media claims Ted Cruz not filibustering, hailed Democrat filibusters
- Yes, Virginia, there is a Democrat-media complex
- MSNBC’s Chris Matthews: Ted Cruz ‘a problem for our Republic’
- GOP sends negative Cruz info to Fox; Aide says John McCain ‘f-g hates’ Ted Cruz
- Charlie Rangel: Republicans going to hell for opposing big government (Video)
- McCain defends Syrian rebels’ use of ‘Allahu Akbar,’ blasts Fox News host
- McCain praises Schumer, says he is reminded of what he did with Ted Kennedy
- MSNBC tosses objectivity, says it’s what ‘progressives have been waiting for’
- MSNBC still network of insane liberal hate
- Is MSNBC good for America?
- Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate