Let’s play a game of mix and match. You get to choose the sex and ethnicity of the villain and victim. Unfortunately, unless you chose male and black for the perp and female and white for the victim, the accompanying images won’t make any sense.
Then again, neither does the crime.
MailOnline reports (h/t Jammie Wearing Fools) that 17-year-old Iquise Taylor (that’s a he) of Anderson, Indiana, was charged on Monday with rape, burglary, criminal confinement, and strangulation following his alleged attack on 93-year-old Amelia Rudolf at her home in July. Taylor will be tried as an adult and, if convicted, could face up to 50 years in prison.
Rudolf has been staying with family since the attack but is now planning to return home. “I would like to go back,” she told station WWLP, “because it is the house my husband built for me and my family. I have been happy all my life there until now.”
Police say Taylor lived within in a block of the woman’s home. He broke in by kicking in the back door. Rudolf had been sleeping at the time and awoke to find the youth in her bedroom.
Investigators arrested Taylor after they matched a footprint left at the scene (where he had been wearing socks but no shoes) with his own. The identification was confirmed by a witness who said he had seen the teenager without shoes on.
Taylor continued to deny having perpetrated the attack even after a sample of his DNA matched samples obtained at the crime scene.
Amelia Rudolf said she had despaired of ever seeing justice in her lifetime. She had underestimated the capabilities of modern forensics. She probably also overestimated the intelligence of her attacker.
- You want to have a conversation on race? Fine, let’s start with this video
- Manufactured racism: Student sends racist texts to self
- Like it or not, Obama is going to have to speak up on black-on-white violence
- 99-year-old woman killed in own home by another ‘Obama’s son look-alike’
- Don’t discount race in Christopher Lane’s murder
- Police Chief Frank Straub: Murder of Delbert Belton ‘not racially motivated’
- Closing arguments in Mona Nelson case scheduled for Monday
- MSNBC: Right’s reaction to Chris Lane murder ‘revenge’ for Trayvon Martin
- Teens who killed WWII vet both have rap sheets
- Breaking: Second suspect in beating death of WWII vet arrested
- NYC police arrest thug who dragged 93-year-old down flight of steps during robbery
- DHS employee maintains website promoting race war against ‘whites’
- A liberal explains why Trayvon Martin’s killing is unlike Chris Lane’s
- Duncan man who called police: ‘Chris Lane shooting was a gang initiation’
- Jesse Jackson speaks out on Chris Lane’s murder: It is ‘frowned upon’
- Duncan, OK murder: It’s the gangsta culture, stupid
- Piers Morgan tweets about ‘idiots’ who opine that Chris Lane shooting is related to race
- ‘Bored’ teen kills kittens with bow and arrow, posts gruesome photos on Facebook
- The Oklahoma shooters: The real story