They’re certainly learning their craft young. MyFoxNY.com reports that on Friday New York’s Finest slapped the cuffs on a mugger who had tried to rob a woman in Central Park earlier in the week. The thief’s identity has not been revealed because of her age: 13.
She attempted the heist abetted by two accomplices, one of whom is even younger — a 10- to 11-year-old black male who is described as about 4 feet, 5 inches tall and wearing a beige striped fleece. He and the third perpetrator, a 14-year-old black female, are still at large.
According to MyFoxNY:
The victim, a 38-year-old woman, was in the area of Fifth Ave. and East 107th Street when she was approached by a girl demanding her cell phone Monday night, police said….
When the woman refused, a second child grabbed her pocketbook, but was unable to pull it away.
The children and a third person ran off. Surveillance photos of the trio were released on Thursday.
While the failed mugging was in progress, a second group of pre-teens an hour away were captured on surveillance video (below) pointing a gun at pedestrians on a North Philadelphia street. CBS Philly writes:
According to police, a 27-year-old man was approached by a group of males on the 3300 block of North 16th Street.
Police say one of the males then reached into his backpack, pulled out a handgun and pointed it at the victim saying, ‘Hey, buddy.’
The victim ran into a house and called 911 while the suspect fled south toward Allegheny Avenue.
About 20 minutes later, police say a minor was seen on surveillance video approaching a female and pointing a handgun at her. Police say the woman put her hands up as if she was being robbed, but continued to walk away.
The youngest suspect, a 10-years-old, turned himself in on Wednesday night. Police continue their hunt for two additional minors. Police are now saying that the gun was either a toy gun or a BB gun.
- Philly pre-teen dies of injuries sustained in fight at school
- Teen kills own grandfather for money to buy tattoos
- School bus argument turns violent leaving one mother dead, another in jail
- Cops warn that Chicago tourists soon will be armed
- MD law would force schools to stop overreacting to perceived violence
- Daily Kos salutes trashing of NYC ‘Cost of Teen Pregnancy’ PSAs
- Parents in need of parents: Angry mothers brawl at pre-school graduation
- 13-year-old girl shot by classmate on school bus dies of injuries (Photos)
- 8-year-old slashes fellow school student with blade in schoolyard fight
- Teacher tells 7-year-old she’s ‘too sexy’ for gym class
- Father arrested, strip-searched after 4-year-old draws ‘man with gun’
- School claims 7-year-old is racist for asking classmate about skin color
- Four-year-old brings marijuana to school, offers to share with classmates
- School accuses 6-year-old of sexual assault during schoolyard game of tag
- NJ boy suspended from school because Muslim girl overheard him say “Taliban”