“An army marches on its stomach,” Napoleon is reported to have said. That aphorism apparently holds true not only for real combat troops but for symbolic soldiers who struggle to defeat the evil specter of conservatism that threatens to return the U.S. to the Dark Ages.
In fact it was on the same day that people camped out in line in our nation’s capital to see history made by the Supreme Court that dozens of their brethren did the same 3,000 miles away in ultra-liberal Sacramento. The reason for the vigil was free food — served by the enemy.
CBS News reports that more than 100 residents “starting lining up in the dark” on Wednesday even though Chick-fil-A — the hand that fed them — didn’t open its doors until today.
It’s got that Black Friday feel out here with tents and coolers and chairs for people all waiting for a tasty treat.
The article notes that the chain is bringing not only free food but jobs to the Golden State. So far this year, five branches have opened up in California, bringing nearly 400 new hirings. The Sacramento location alone has hired 50 workers, according to Hollee Swain, a Chick-fil-A spokeswoman.
The article fails to mention the special place that the Chick-fil-A chain holds in the hearts of gays and their supporters in and out of the public sector. It fails to remind readers that in July 2012, the mayors of three major cities, including nearby San Francisco, publicly stated that the chain was not welcome to do business in their cities. The reason for the boycott/ban, which was wholly unconstitutional, was Chick-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy’s avowed support for the traditional definition of marriage — which is protected by the First Amendment.
Interestingly, Cathy’s views were first aired in June on an Atlanta-based radio talk show. They came a month after the liberal press and its readers breathlessly received the news that Barack Obama, who up to that point had espoused the same view of marriage as Cathy, had evolved in his thinking.
- Chicago values, Rahm Emanuel, and the Chick-fil-A controversy
- Gay rights organization to stage ‘kiss-in’ in front of Chick-Fil-A
- DOMA looking doomed
- Same-sex marriage: A social experiment without science behind it
- Obama was for same-sex marriage before he was against it
- Anti-white Jew hater Charles Barron endorsed in House race by … David Duke?
- It’s official: DC Comics IDs gay superhero
- No matter how big the kiss-in is, gays and their supporters have already lost
- California passes law mandating teaching of gay history: Now what?
- FL couple has sex on restaurant table while kids, parents look on (Photos)
- Utah mom toilet trains her tots at a table in a restaurant
- Olive Garden mistakenly serves booze to a child—again
- Waitress at Red Lobster attacked for refilling water glasses too often
- Restaurant owner denies service to LGBT group: ‘I do not support their cause’